Montgomery ScottAye, that’s me, you’re in the right place unless there’s another hard-working, equally starved Starfleet officer around.
(Part 1 —
Part 2 — Part 3a — Part 3b)
"Sentiment is a chemical defect found in the losing side."
By his own estimation, Sherlock is losing.
is there anything you would not do for your family?
For any of my followers who may live in the Minneapolis area,
I hate youI’m totally jelly and hope you have a great time!
"Interesting thing a tuxedo. Lends distinction to friends and anonymity to waiters.”
First: Huge thanks to constancecream for sending me her #setlock photos! It helped me answer some questions about how they lit the Leinster Gardens outdoor scene. I also got a kick out of hearing your whispered conversations in German—while on set in the UK—and then you send me the file in America—what a world we live in!
Also, I’ve just learned to make gifs, and I’ll update this post with them when I get my hands on some .avi files. In the meantime, reams of screencaps.
Sooooo much Mary mystery in TSOT and HLV. So much to look at.
MID0NZ’s BBC SHERLOCK META CONTEST
WHAT IS A META?
The term Meta (short for metanalysis) means the discussion of a topic (mostly canon or the fandom society and its demographic) usually in form of an essay written by one or more individuals. Usually, the meta comes in the form of a loosely academic structure, offering proof or evidence of its claims through reference to the primary text and by supporting evidence in the form of screencaps, pictures or charts. (x)
- The Season 3 DVDs (US or UK version— your choice)
- The Season 3 Soundtrack CD
- I’ll meta your meta! I’ll reblog the winning entries with my thoughtful, engaged response. Hopefully we can get a conversation going!
- There will be 3 winners- one for each episode.
- Any meta topic is welcome, any ship, any rating— it’s ALL fine.
- Your deadline is March 11, 2014 at Midnight (EST)
- Your tumblr ask MUST be open so I can contact you. Obviously.
- Winners must share your mailing address with me. Obviously.
- You must reblog this post and add your entry at the bottom and/or a link to your entry at AO3. (If you want to make absolutely sure I see it, feel free to submit it to me but that’s not required. Here’s the ao3 collection if you want to use that.)
- I’m the only judge but I’m nice and I don’t bite.
- Brainy is the new sexy.
QUESTIONS? ASK ME!
Too late to go on the record? (Last-minute submission for your consideration. Thanks again. ♥)
Part 1 — Part 2 — Part 3a — Part 3b) (next parts imminent; links here soon!)
Sherlock is going in circles. Over and over again, we see the same story play out. The details vary, but the result is the same — bit by bit, we’re uncovering the man beneath the hat. I’m taking a crack at perhaps the most intriguing puzzle in the whole show: Sherlock Holmes himself.
I’ll need a little help-mate on this adventure, so we’re going to follow what has become an important motif. Let’s look at the coat.